Friday, October 12, 2012

Oh, the little angel

I got up long before the sun this morning to go out to my daughter's house and take my granddaughter to daycare. My daughter had an early morning flight for an out-of-town meeting and her husband, a teacher, had a meeting before school this morning.

I sat in the playroom outside her bedroom reading a book while I waited for her to wake up. She'll be 2 years old the middle of November and she sleeps in a toddler bed now.




As the sun started to dawn, I heard her talking and rustling around. I opened her door, peeked in and she exclaimed "Grandma!!" (oh my melting heart).

Then, as I picked her up, she said, "I want Grandpa."   Crash.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

    I'm sorry I laughed so hard!! thanks for the LAUGH!!

    but on the other hand, been there, felt that...know exactly where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha - thanks Joanne!! They can be brutally honest, can't they?! :)

      Delete
  2. She's adorable and I'm sure she meant it in a nice way! Maybe she thought he was there with you! I'm sure she was happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're right, Rosemary. She's at the age where she has a new "favorite" every couple of minutes! But, regardless of who she's wanting, we couldn't adore her any more!

      Delete